Much of our produce, vegetables and herbs are grown in our two vegetable gardens at the vineyard. Our chickens give us a great supply of eggs during the year. The bread, cakes and pastries are all made on site. The pizza dough recipe we have been using for the last seven years and has proved very popular with our customers.
We have a philosophy of using local produce and due to our location our radius is approximately 200 kilometres. We use Istra Smallgoods, Barwon Lamb, Bannockburn Chicken, Western Plains Pork, Sage Beef Bannockburn, Sher Waygu & Meredith Cheeses. If we are unable to source a local product that is suitable we will look to France and Italy to supplement our range.
We choose to support local businesses through our purchases, and look after local community groups where possible. It’s all about coming together to becoming more economical and environmentally friendly.
Here are some examples of how we’re constantly improving our carbon footprint:
- Selected bistro food scraps are fed to Isa Brown girls for regeneration & new production of eggs.
- The balance of food scraps go into compost production assisting the veggie garden & the vines with better soil.
- We purchase the majority of our supplies from local businesses.
- We are installing carbon friendly solar power, which will supply power to the kitchen, refrigeration and all electrical equipment.
- The lighting in the shed has been upgraded, changing to LED highbay “ekolight” units which will reduce electricity consumption and our carbon emissions.